What is Gastroparesis?

Gastroparesis is also known as "delayed stomach emptying". It is where the stomach doesnt work to digest the foods you eat as quickly as they are supposed to, or at all.
Symptoms include feeling fullness after eating little, nausea, vomiting, etc.
It effects over 5 million people in america, yet very little is known about it. There is no cure, and it is a chronic illness.
Imagine the feeling of eating thanksgiving dinner times 5, then vomiting 10 times worse than your worst stomach flu, followed by extreme fatigue for days.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

daily diary

last night i actually felt ok and was able to fall asleep without needing anti-nausea drugs, I woke with a terrible stomach ache that kept me from eating, or even really doing anything.
I spent the day walking around (newly remodeled school) and got really exhausted really fast.  I didnt eat anything till after.
food:
little bit of iceburg lettuce with baby tomatoes (bad idea but it looked good) with italian dressing
chili mac
raspberry lemonade.

i dont know the calories, but i doubt it was much.  I did terrible today.
Tomorrow I am going to aim for 800 calories. Hopefully I will feel well enough to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment